Thursday 11 July 2013

Last Time

I cried last night when I walked out your door
If id known last time had been the last time
I would have stroked each delicate hair on that sweet head of yours
I would have kissed your soft elegant lips,
My voice would have lingered when I breathed your name
I would have listened to every word that you called so eloquently

I’m sorry I have to go,
the reason is you do not know
where I'm going I cannot say
but I will remember you in every way

as you hugged me when I left
a tingle passed through my spine
and a bead of sweat ran down my head,
this isn’t easy for me you know
can’t you see I’m full of dread

I'm so sorry baby, remember my name not my face
because baby I am a disgrace!
I will never forget you, you are my life,
I am so sorry I cannot be your wife!


No comments:

Post a Comment