Tuesday 16 July 2013

I remember the day you came over

I remember the day you came over
I was slumped on the floor
my hair was a mess
in my trackies
my hair was greasy,
my face was pale
and my eyes were red from all the crying
You came over and held me in your arms
You didn’t say anything,
you didn’t bother with “you look nice,”
because we both know
I didn’t
I drifted off in your arms
and you scooped me up
and gently lay me on my bed
I awoke with you stroking my hair
lying there next to me
in the same clothes as last night
I look up and you smile at me
you kiss me on my forehead
and you bring breakfast in bed
and we both snuggle in that ugly brown jumper of mine,
you wrap your arms around my waist
and say “It will get better”
I scooch up closer to you
and believe every damn word you say
because it’s you
nobody else
sweet perfect you
You embrace me
and tell me you love me
in my darkest hour
and when people ask,
how did you know he was the one?
I always say
I remember the day you came over.




No comments:

Post a Comment