Saturday 21 September 2013

Memory lane

As I start to walk down memory lane
I run past the park, where
I played football as a littl'un
screaming on the swing
Playing with my mates
on long summer nights that would never end
I run past the family house,
full of laughter, tears and memories.
Then I cross over to my first apartment
where I moved in with the love of my life
Oh haha, look it still has the dilapidated fence my sweet man tried to build
I walk down cautiously to our first house
where we started our lovely family,
Where little Sally-Ann and Thomas were born
I hear the laughter still
Wiping a tear and holding my back,
I slowly trundle next door to my daughters house,
where little Shelly and Nathan were born
I cross over after wiping a grey hair out of my eyes
to Nathans pad where he lived with his girlfriend Joanna
I now hobble over, stick in hand
to the local elderly residential home
Stew on Mondays
Casserole on Tuesdays
Steak on Wednesdays
and so on..
I now silently pad in to my next call of residence
as not to disturb anybody
Beautiful flowers
Here she lies
Blesséd mother, Wife and Grandmother
Yes, I think I'll be very happy here
As I sleep once again with my husband by my side.



No comments:

Post a Comment